Hi Again! Allison from Chicago Consignment with this weeks Social Media Tip Of The Week!
How to make your descriptions and comments more descriptive and appealing to buyers!
Just as Robin Williams said in the classic movie Dead Poet’s Society, “So avoid using the word ‘very’ because it’s lazy. A man is not very tired, he is exhausted. Don’t use very sad, use morose. Language was invented for one reason, boys – to woo women – and, in that endeavor, laziness will not do. It also won’t do in your essays.” The same rule applies to the writing in your posts. Below are a few extraordinary examples of this:
Chanel GST Beige Jumbo Caviar Grand Shopping Tote
1. Just in this very beautiful beige Chanel Grand Caviar Tote! OR This just in a mesmerizingly beautiful Chanel Beige Jumbo Caviar Grand Tote!
2. Check out this very cool Louis Vuitton Neverfull! OR You must see this classic, cool, and highly coveted Louis Vuitton Neverfull!
3. This Gucci cross body is in very good condition! OR This Gucci cross body is in exquisite condition with minimal signs of wear.
Some more incredibly great tips to have on hand are below!
1. Avoid the words listed below! An essential trick is to use an online thesaurus to substitute these words out!
2. Use adjectives, but don’t over do it! Too much of a good thing is a bad thing! Keep your writing descriptive, but don’t make it incredibly wordy.
3. Alliteration! Alliteration is using the same first letter or sound at the beginning of the next or closely connected words. This technique gives your writing style, and also allows for the creative addition of adjectives! See example 2 above.
4. Use an online thesaurus, especially www.thesaurus.com
! Switch out basic adjectives such as: beautiful, amazing, good, nice, and pretty. For more unique adjectives such as: gorgeous, magnificent, alluring, elegant, stunning, and superb.
See you next week for more Social Media tips!