The only question when shopping resale is, “Is it authentic?” and with the booming resale market, taking someones word for it is no longer an option.
Education is the first step. Unless you purchase an item from the brand itself, there will always be a question about the authenticity so again, education is key and the more you know, the safer you will be.
I’ve collected the best information I could on the biggest brands and how to authenticate them. You’ll learn what red flags to look out for, what date codes and serial numbers make sense and which ones don’t and so much more.
Below are a few things to do beware of before you send your money anywhere!
- Receipts are faked, so are boxes, dust bags, tags, tissue….everything.
- Everyone has a story. If I had a boyfriend that bought me a Chanel bag and we broke up, I would NOT be selling that bag! Also, Grandma probably did not leave you authentic Louis Vuitton!
- NEVER EVER pay friends and family unless is someone you know personally. No exceptions.
- If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
- Ask questions
- Get more photos
- Filters do not belong on bags, only faces!
- If you’re shopping of Instagram, have them email you clear photos of the item you’re interested in
These are just a few tips to keep you safe but the biggest one of all is buy from reputable sellers and never ever buy FAKE. We can tell.
Click on any of the highlighted links below to learn more about that brand.
Bottega Veneta – coming soon
Burberry – coming soon
Miu Miu – coming soon
Saint Laurent – coming soon
Valentino – coming soon